|Home Theater Technical Design Services
designed and constructed my first home theater. It was in the master bedroom which
was the entire top floor of a Cape Cod style house, 38' long - 16' wide, side walls to 4'
with a ceiling pitched up to 11'. Back in the 80's you didn't have much technology so a
bigger screen TV, VCR, a stereo amp and a couple of speakers were all it took.
Several theaters and years in commercial construction later we have grown with the
screens and technology.
Technical Design Services
- dimensional layout of room (shape and volume)
- general construction of ceiling, walls, and floor (materials)
- power and signal wiring (type, gauge, purity and shielding)
- power and A/V connection boxes (type and location)
- power filtering and battery backup (clean power and no unexpected failures)
- audio amplifier specifications (watt, channels, distortion...)
- speaker specification (type, size, shape, material, location, specs)
- screen (size, type)
- media server (optional)
- htpc (optional)
- network (optional)
- acoustical isolation, theater / house (materials and techniques)
- budget (you don't have to spend $$$$$ for a good experience, just the popcorn)
A site survey is always preferred but not always feasible or required
|If you have any questions, comments or suggestions concerning product
or service(s), please contact us.
Please Note: These designs / specifications are for Home Theaters utilizing existing
finished spaces or unbuilt rooms depending on which is applicable.
Home Automation systems are another monster altogether.